This is a recipe by the divine Gizzi Erskine.
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
- 400g sweet potato, baked in their skins until soft, then cooled and pureed.
- 3 free range eggs
- 140g light muscovado sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate 70%, melted and cooled (I used Divine raspberry)
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tsp chickpea flour (I used carbsense flour mix)
- 70g of good quality cocoa powder (I had Cadbury, but I want better stuff)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 150g Turkish delight, chopped (I used whole shelled pistachios as I had no TD, hence the rosewater)
Heat the oven to 160°C. Line a square brownie tin with greaseproof paper. In a clean, dry bowl whisk eggs, sugars and salt until they become really voluminous and pale. This will take about 5 minutes.
Scoop out the sweet potato from their skins and mash with a fork. Fold in the chocolate, ground almonds, chickpea flour, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until it is incorporated. Add the Turkish delight or nuts if using.
Pour into the lined brownie tin and bake for 35 minutes or until the top is firm.